Fix ‘The method or operation is not implemented Visual Studio’ when referencing project in F# solution

Fix ‘The method or operation is not implemented Visual Studio’ when referencing project in F# solution

Yesterday, when trying to reference a project within my solution, I had an error from VS with the following message.

image

The problem was that I was referencing another project which was unloaded.
When expanding the list of references, there is a warning sign for problematic references:

image

Most of the time, for me at least, it indicates a mismatch of F# version between the two libraries.
But a mismatch of F# version doesn’t cause the not implemented exception on Visual Studio.
The issue was that the library referenced was unloaded.

image

Once I made sure it was loaded, the sign disappeared and VS allowed me to add a reference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A complete SignalR with ASP Net Core example with WSS, Authentication, Nginx

Verify dotnet SDK and runtime version installed

SDK-Style project and project.assets.json